Sunday, March 28, 2010

Air Isolator

I found a latest technology for the seismic isolator call "AIR ISOLATOR"
What if a house float in the air when earthquake occurred?The Air seismic isolator is a device that floats the floor board on the base like the hovercraft momentarily at the time of occurred the earthquake. And it reduces side to side movement to a building.
The principle of operation is to blow a compress air saved in the air tank between boards and the base to float. It absorbs the shake due to working like the air cushion and the earthquake.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Yusuke,
    I was searching the TRU academic article database to find you some new reading material and thought you might check this out:

    http://ezproxy.tru.ca/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=33653978&site=ehost-live

    Title:Reduction of seismic forces on existing buildings with newly constructed additional stories including friction layer and dampers..
    Authors:Li, H.
    et al..
    Source:Journal of Sound & Vibration; 1/22/2004, p653, 15p

    Hope it adds to your sources!

    Tony B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tony. I will go find that book right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I've never heard of this technology being applied to a residential building before. Do you have any examples of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I do. I'm going to post the clip for this.

    ReplyDelete